Positive Coaching Scotland
PCS is a cultural change programme designed to create a positive environment for young people in sport.
The Positive Coaching Scotland (PCS) programme is about creating a positive environment in youth sport - one which focuses on encouraging effort and learning, improving performance and fostering competition. This focus helps young people to understand the importance of effort rather than winning at all costs.
The key aims of PCS are:
- Empower parents, coaches, teachers and sport leaders to help create a more positive sporting environment for young people.
- Support young people, along with their coaches, parents and teachers, to move away from the ‘win at all costs’ mentality and focus instead on effort, respect and responsibility.
- Use workshops and tailored support materials to encourage this change in approach and so inspire young people to reach their maximum potential.
- Improve the quality of coaching through systematic training and development.
- Help educate young people about winning, losing and cooperation, while at the same time encouraging them to learn and develop new skills.
There are a variety of different courses that have been tailored to suit positions involved in a child’s life:
- Club Leaders training – Club Leaders workshop
- Coaches training – Double Goal Coaching workshop
- Parents training – Parents training includes a specially adapted Double Goal Coaching workshop to suit parents
- Teachers training – To be delivered in Edinburgh by a PCS National Trainer
For information on the next workshops coming up please contact Phil Trodden at email@example.com